The funtoyclub had the great pleasure to interview the world renowned relationship expert and love guru Dr. Ava Cadell. Dr. Ava, specializing in human behavior and human sexuality, talked to us about sex toys and how to introduce sex toys into your relationship. Here is what she had to say...
funtoyclub: What is considered to be a healthy sex life?
Dr. Ava: Having regular sex with someone you love is the best prescription for good health. It keeps you young, keeps your sexual organs in good working order and makes you feel confident. Nothing else stimulates all the senses quite like sex. It just puts a glow on you that no other activity does.
It’s long been established that there are a myriad of health benefits related to sexual activity. This awareness has been recorded in our culture for centuries in the form of old wives tales such as “Use it, or lose it.” Just as if you don’t use your common household appliances regularly, they’ll also become rusty and break down.
funtoyclub: Do you consider the use of sex toys to be healthy in a relationship?
Dr. Ava: Yes, I believe that sex toys have myriad of benefits including:
• Therapeutic value
• Adds variety to a relationship
• Adds variety to sexual pattern
• Takes the pressure off performance (for the man)
• Adds an element of fantasy and fun
• Great orgasms
funtoyclub: When do you consider it a good time to introduce toys in the relationship?
Dr. Ava: When you have both talked about the benefits of using sex toys and both have the desire to try something new. Before purchasing your first sex toys, it’s wise to consider your needs and/or sit down with your lover to discuss how you both feel about this idea. For example, “I feel like sex toys will add more variety to our sex life.”
Share your concerns and sexual boundaries and respect each other’s views.
Some sex toy rules:
• When you get your new sex toys, start out slow, be gentle and ask your partner for feedback as well as offering your own comments.
• Your lover cannot read your mind, so let him/her know what feels good and if something doesn’t feel good, try something else.
• This is a great opportunity to use some erotic talk to describe your experience and it can improve your communication skills, which will lead to a deeper bond and more intimate relationship.
funtoyclub: What are some good ways to introduce sex toys in a relationship?
• Talking about them
· • Going to a sex shop together
· • Going online to look at sex toys
· • Choosing one for each of you such as a vibrator for her, a penis masturbator for him and a vibrating cock ring for both of you
· • Bring sex toys into fantasies such as a threesome with two guys and one girl; use a dildo or vibrator for double penetration
· • Take Loveology University’s Certified Sex Toy course together
· • Join the funtoyclub
funtoyclub: In your opinion, is joining an adult toy of the month club a good way to get started?
Dr. Ava: YES, knowledge leads to self-empowerment and sexual knowledge will lead to sexual satisfaction. Joining an adult toy of the month club is a great way to find out what’s out there, how it works and if it’s right for you.
funtoyclub: What are your thoughts on an adult toy of the month club like the funtoyclub that sends special surprises to members every month?
Dr. Ava: Everyone loves surprises and members need incentives for them to maintain their membership and refer new members to the club. The more you give, the more you get back.
funtoyclub: Do sex toys make a good gift for a couple?
Dr. Ava: Yes. For starters, recognize that there are professionals who put together sex toy gift baskets for a living. Buying kits is a great solution for gifts. Kits come with all sorts of fun inside a pretty little package. Novelties fit nicely in kits, but are not always body safe so do your homework. There are theme kits too with sex cushions, bondage straps, wax, sensation play, ball gag, flogger, blindfold and cuffs for the SM curious.
funtoyclub: What would you say is the number one concern people have about using sex toys?
Dr. Ava: That Sex toys can replace the fulfillment a lover can provide, which is not true, but they can have therapeutic value by rejuvenating a predictable relationship. They add more variety, take the pressure off performance (for the man), add orgasmic intensity for a woman by stimulating her clitoris or G-spot, as well as bring a new element of fantasy and fun to the relationship.
funtoyclub: Any advice when it comes to sex toys in a relationship?
Dr. Ava: Some men say that they feel inadequate when a woman uses a vibrator while penetrating her. In order to put his mind at rest, let him know that he is more than adequate by praising his lovemaking prowess, then tell him that the vibrator is an enhancement for both of you.
funtoyclub: What are your general thoughts about sex toys?
Dr. Ava: Sex Toys are here to stay so take an online course to learn more about them.
This course is for you if:
- You want to Learn About All of the Varieties of Sex Toys for Men & Women
- You want to Introduce Sex Toys Into Your Relationship
- You want to Find the Best Sex Toy for You and/or Your Partner
- You want to Expand Your Sexual Horizon by Finding Out if You Need Any Sex Toys
About Dr. Ava Cadell: Relationship expert Dr. Ava Cadell has a doctorate in human behavior from Newport University, CA and a doctorate of education in human sexuality from the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. She is a famous love guru and accomplished author. Dr. Ava has appeared on numerous national shows including Good Morning America, Extra, Montel Williams, Geraldo, Anderson Cooper. The highly sought after speaker lectures on topics like romance, relationships, love, and human sexuality. Dr. Ava Cadell is also the founder of the Loveology University®, on-line University of Love Coaching where she takes on the role of mentor to share her vast knowledge and teach the science of loveology.