ABOUT   |   CONTACT US   |   Join the funtoyclub on facebook   |   Follow the funtoyclub on twitter
funtoyclub join now

Taboo Taboo With Sex Toys

by Ele 13. November 2010 10:52

With the "sex and the city" movement came a steady breakdown of sexual barriers in the media. Is the notion of sex toys officially "out of the closet"?

It seems that the subject of sex toys is definitely gaining acceptance in our society.  People are becoming more comfortable talking about sex toys and more open to trying them.  More women than ever before are openly admitting to owning a dildo or vibrator.  Sex toy retail sales are also at an all time high.  “We’ve seen this category grow pretty significantly over the last couple of years”, Amazon spokeswoman Charmaine Diploa says.

There is obvious evidence that a movement is taking place.  However, the subject of sex toys still seems to come with a sense of taboo for many. Is this because sex is surrounded by a feeling of shame since we first learn about it in our youth? Sex toys are just one example of this sense of taboo. We find a lack of communication, and even embarrassment, in subjects ranging from sex toys to politics, morality, and personal faith. Is it because of the personal nature that it is tied to?  Perhaps it is just a manifestation of the innate need to keep our most intimate details to ourselves. After all, the nature of sex is as intimate as is gets. The need for privacy and discretion is understood, but why the sense of taboo?

So the basic question remains: why do we feel embarrassed over something we accept, practice, and understand?

Tags: ,

Sex Toys

Comments

3/28/2011 12:45:50 AM #

handbag hangers

Makiko Handbag hangers make fantastic gifts. Simply place your handbag hanger on the edge of a table, hook your handbag straps onto the handbag hook and feel the comfort of keeping your handbag clean, convenient and within reach for safe security.

handbag hangers United States | Reply

7/11/2011 9:58:44 PM #

closetfreak

nice post to Best source for tips on how to help adult toys our enjoyment.

closetfreak United States | Reply

9/16/2013 9:38:16 PM #

stelina

ToolsforSex.com, An online adult store (based in Atlanta), for Sex Toys and latest Sex Tools. Its Catalogue has a wide variety of gadgets, trinkets, sexual toys & tools, bondage items aimed at the individual or couple who wants to self-stimulate or stimulate their relationship. You can find the best deals in vibrator, dildo and fleshlight here. In additions to this it also sell online latest sex toys for man, woman, various cheap sex tools in US, power tools. With convenient shopping atmosphere you can get your items in a discreet, plain-wrapped package.

stelina United States | Reply

9/16/2013 9:38:47 PM #

stelina

stelina United States | Reply

9/16/2013 9:39:23 PM #

stelina

stelina United States | Reply

9/16/2013 9:39:45 PM #

stelina

stelina United States | Reply

10/31/2014 2:00:38 PM #

Jessica

I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and interesting, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy I stumbled across this during my hunt for something concerning this.

My webpage: vintage florida fishing lures ( Jessica - http://www.auto-fans.com/home/link.php?url=http://games.dbazi.com/groups/the-latest-on-fishing-in-florida-programs/ )

Jessica United States | Reply

11/23/2016 9:12:42 AM #

avery label software download

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes which will make the most significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!  Here is my blog  avery label software download - chengpin.ying-wen.com/.../index.php

avery label software download United States | Reply

1/30/2017 3:19:35 AM #

شرکت فنی مهندسی

What's up everybody, here every one is sharing such know-how, thus it's good to read this weblog, and I used to pay a quick visit this weblog all the time.

شرکت فنی مهندسی United States | Reply

2/21/2017 2:27:48 PM #

buy instagram mentions

Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?  Many thanks   buy instagram likes - www.pearltrees.com/johanmichel/item196046506/

buy instagram mentions United States | Reply

2/26/2017 8:24:27 AM #

gigaware web camera software download

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!  Check out my web-site;  gigaware web camera software download - http://www.tiefegeothermie.de/search/node/http%3A/%252Fkeylag.com/result/rebirth-rb-338-windows-7

gigaware web camera software download United States | Reply

5/8/2017 11:20:47 AM #

sd

At this time it appears like Wordpress is the preferred blogging platform available right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?

sd United States | Reply

11/5/2017 11:31:42 AM #

Www.heelspalace.com

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely wonderful. I really like what you've obtained right here, certainly like what you are saying and the way during which you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you still care for to stay it smart. I can not wait to learn far more from you. This is really a tremendous website.  Here is my web-site ::  Www.heelspalace.com - galerie-no1.de/

Www.heelspalace.com United States | Reply

Country flag

biuquote
  • Preview

©2008-2010 - funtoyclub.com - All rights reserved. Brought to you by Sabinosa.